Several weeks before the recital Abigail started asking when she was going to get to perform on stage. She then started telling us that she "wanted to be a star." Don't ask me where this comes from. Neither Spencer or I are comfortable being the center of attention, but Abigail will have nothing less! She talked and talked about how well she was going to dance and perform. We were even lucky enough to sit through several dress rehearsals. I was a little worried that she didn't quite understand what it meant to be on stage with all eyes on her. I was wrong. She did not disappoint! She only got distracted once when a little girl in her class ran up and hung on to the teachers leg, refusing to dance. At the end, she gave a very dramatic bow and stayed in her place until the curtain was drawn. It was very cute. In fact, you don't get much cuter than little girls dancing in pink tutus. Her outfit even looked clean despite the three times she slid across the concrete outside before the doors opened for the show.
After the recital, she told Spencer, "I love the stage and if there were a stage I would be on it everyday." Not only is she not shy, I beginning to think she is a natural for this sort of thing.
Posing outside before the show.
Abigail and her friend Bryce with their trophies and medals.
Deep in thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment