Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Parent's Day

Abigail's dance teacher, Mrs. Yolanda, likes to hold a parents day about mid-semester each year. This is so the parents can get a feel for what the kids are learning in class and a sneak peek of the recital in June. There were some weather delays this year, so last weekend was parents weekend. The first time EVER that I couldn't find Abigail's uniform happened to be on parent day. This is where my lack of organization becomes a problem. She didn't understand that her tights weren't exactly like everyone else's, but she did know that she had no ballet shoes. In my defense, I genuinely thought that the teacher would have extra's. I had no idea Abigail would have to go barefoot in front of everyone. She was reluctant to participate at first, but it ended up being a good lesson. Who cares what others think! (If only it were that easy.)

It was fun getting to see Abigail participate with her peers. I enjoyed the performance. Emery enjoyed it as well. On several occasions, she tried to join the other girls. While they were regrouping and grabbing their props, Emery went out and stood on the pieces of tape demonstrating the best position 1 that she could. Just a few short months and she will be an official participant.

Next month, the dance class will be performing at an Austin Toros basketball game at halftime. We are all very excited about this! The game should be fun too!









No comments:

Post a Comment