Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sweet Berry Farms

This weekend we drove to Marble Falls to visit Sweet Berry Farms. I have been wanting to go pick fresh strawberries but I thought I had missed the season. Some good friends of ours called and invited us, so we decided to go and take our chances. Not only did they have strawberries but we got there early enough to find blackberries still waiting to be picked. The drive out was very pretty! The girls had so much fun. Emery was eating berries out of my basket faster than I could pick them. She finally got tired of waiting on me and just stuck her head in the bushes and started eating strawberries right off the plant. There were goats, donkeys, and horses that were all very friendly. Abigail and her buddy Kiryan found some farm cats as well. Abigail adores Kiryan and the girls always have a great time together. It was hard to get our circus up and moving first thing in the morning, but we are so glad we went! Blackberry cobbler for dessert this week.

On the way home we stopped at the Flat Creek Estate Winery. It was beautiful! The wine was some of the best I have had in a long time! Spencer waited outside with the girls while I chose our wine and Abigail put on an impromptu performance to keep him entertained.












No comments:

Post a Comment