Friday, June 4, 2010

Farewell Little Rockets

Abigail's last day of school at ACE was somewhat bittersweet. As a child, when school gets out for the summer, you miss getting to see all of your friends everyday. And as much as you may have loved school as a kid, who really misses it during the summer? As a parent, I am happy to have Abigail home for the summer and get to spend some quality time with her. It was so surreal to see Abigail finish her first year of school. Where does the time go? I teared up during her class ceremony. That is until Emery walked into the "stage" area and I had to retrieve her. Taking a screaming 2 year old out into the hallway ruined the moment for me a bit. If I am being really honest, this summer break already has me feeling the same sense of freedom that I did as a kid. No particular place that we have to be, no stress of having to be ready on time, activities of our choice, and the freedom to travel when we have the desire. Abigail adores her classmates and had an absolute ball at school. We are excited to be attending weekly play dates with all of them this summer. Her teachers really made all of those early morning commutes worth it. We will miss them! ACE was such a wonderful experience we were thankful that we had the opportunity to send Abigail there. But...bring on the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment