It is so hard to look back just a few months ago and imagine what they used to be like. Things are happening SO fast! So I will make this a quick summary of what each of them are interested in right now.
Abigail loves:
- To go non-stop. And this is an understatement. 5 minutes with Abigail and I promise you won't ask if I'm exaggerating (just ask her grandparents)! But I love it! She is fascinated with everything and everybody. She is high energy and filled with enthusiasm for learning new things, which can be lots of fun but also trying at times. It can be exhausting keeping up with her and coming up with answers for all of her questions, but it constantly challenges me to be the best parent I can be for her.
- Pretend play is her favorite past time. She will watch a movie or read a book and instantly transform into her favorite character. She'll disappear into her room and emerge fully costumed for the role (her costume design has really come a long way). Of course, I am relegated to play all of the smaller co-starring, sidekick and villain roles (and, yes, voice work is required). She likes to "cook" for everyone in the family. This means that she'll either deliver a smorgasbord of plastic and wooden treats for us to enjoy (like green pepper water, i.e., a plastic green pepper in a teacup...yummy) or she will pull up her kitchen helper stand and demand a role in my meal preparation. My little sous chef! She is also passionate about cars -- especially Cars (the movie) cars. We build garages for all of her cars out of blocks. We'll build fire stations, parking lots, garages and neighborhoods for her cars too.
- We have enrolled Abigail in a couple of sessions at the local art school in the summer. I think it will be a great experience and she can't stop talking about it, so we're really looking forward to it! We are in the process of trying to find the right preschool for her to start next fall.
- Reading, reading, and more reading. This child loves books. She now likes to identify letters as we read (she has her favorites including 'A' for some reason) and then she'll try to sound them out.
- Puzzles are another favorite of hers. We are working on mastering our 24-piece puzzles and excited to move onto something more challenging.
Emery loves:
Emery does all of the fun things that a child her age should be doing. We just happen to think that she looks extra super cute doing them.
- She loves music. She will clap, dance, and even hum and mumble along. She is also the only person in the world that breaks out in dance when her mom sings Adam Sandler's "Sloppy Joes." I must say it is nice to have a fan club. :) The trick to getting her to fall asleep? Turn on some 'easy listening' and dance her to sleep to the mellow sounds of Michael McDonald.
- She is just beginning talk. Most of her "words" are sounds that only her family or those around her often can translate. Her vocabulary thus far consists of: dada, mama, Abdell (Abigail), bah (ball), oh-oh (uh-oh), uh (up), and haaaa (hi!)
- She will very enthusiastically wave at you when you enter a room and smile at her!
- She loves to touch and feel everything. We like to take her out to explore. It is great to see the smile on her face when she gets to touch and 'talk' about tree bark!
- Emery is cruising now. It is only a matter of time before she is walking. I am really excited for her to walk as it will open up a whole new world of opportunities for her (and a whole new world of bumps, bruises, scrapes and scratches).
Both girls:
- Love the water! The giggles coming from the bathtub are music to my ears. Summer should be very fun this year as I think we will frequent the sprinkler park.
- Love to eat! Eating a variety of foods and establishing good nutrition habits are concepts that are important to me to instill in the girls. I truly believe that good habits start as soon as they begin eating. Though Emery was off to a shaky start she has now overcome her finicky ways. Both of my girls will eat anything put in front of them. Ice cream, broccoli, or cheese. It is exciting here at mealtime in the Christian house.
They are forming a close bond as sisters and friends. They think it is hilarious to roll around with each other right when I want to put them down for a nap, and all Abigail has to do is to look at Emery to get her to erupt with laughter. They adore each other. Almost as much as I adore each of them. Their journey together as sisters should be so much fun for all of us!
This post was PERFECT! Describes them both wonderfully!
ReplyDelete